Son with OPD syndrome type II

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Son with OPD syndrome type II

Postby Julie Volz » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:32 pm

I have a son who just turned 11 with OPD type II. He does not have some of the deformities as specified with type II but does have alot of the characteristics with his digits. He does not walk or talk. He has a trach,feeding tube,and a shunt due to water on the brain.My son is smart so as far as mental retardation, it is very minimal. We think he has autisum but he has never been diagnoised.Every bone in his body is crooked and he does have a high pallet.After birth when he was diagnosed with it, I was told he would not live past the age of 5.He is healthy and very strong. I have a very mild case of this syndrome also but never knew it until after the birth of my son. This is the second child I've had with this but my first son only lived for 2 hours.I don't know a whole lot about the syndrome or what the prognoses is so if there is anyone out there that has any info, I would love to know. As far as I know my son is the oldest living with type II. You can email me at cobra84@charter.net. Thank You, Julie Volz
Julie Volz

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate