Dear Abbey/Who to Choose

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Dear Abbey/Who to Choose

Postby DC Fireman » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:38 am

Abbey I subsequently came upon your post and thought I'd give you some advice and ease your mind. I was 14yrs old when I met Dr Boyajian I was born w/a Cleft palate and had the initial surgery in Philadelphia Dr B had to clean up 2 fistulas that were left behind in lew of a surgical expansion fistulas are holes left behind in the roof of the mouth to help breathing efforts of newborns, however for 14yrs any liquid intake would drip from the nose "pain in the ass" that was, we met with Dr B and the facial team @childrens in DC Within an hour he changed my life. He is very well known in the states and always has understudies from around the world. no matter where you live give them a call you will not be dissapointed. He gets along with chldren very well and has a quirky sense of humor. My mom thought he looked like hawk eye from M.A.S.H and made sure never to miss an appointment. I am in a related field now in the DC area and have yet to meet anyone with his personality This guy is a genius and I strongly reccomend him to you Linda Hallman is another wonderful MD if the baby would ever need orthodontic work she is also one of the best They are the "Dream Team". Good Luck and God Bless
DC Fireman

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate