hearing problems -cholesteatoma

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Re: hearing problems -cholesteatoma

Postby Charleroi, Pennsylvania » Wed Dec 22, 1999 5:07 am

I am 16 years old and I had to have surgery done on my left ear due to a disease in my ear. I was told I had Cholesteatoma which deteriorated the hearing bones in that ear (erosion of the bones). I have partial hearing in this ear. The doctor told me I have 3 choices; do nothing and wait it out, get a hearing aide, or have another surgery. What would be the best option? Please give me any information you have on results, reduction of infections, or so on!
Charleroi, Pennsylvania

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jun 08, 2000 4:47 am

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jun 24, 2000 11:04 am

I'm sorry that I found your article so late. It's intresting that you have the same problem as I do. I had surgery last August and I am still having problems with my hearing. The doctor's remove both bones and replaced it with a prot. but that shifted and they suggest that I shoud have another surgery to fix the hearing lost. In your case I think (if you haven't already) have another surgery because you are still young to go through life with a hearing loss. Good luck to you!
Anonymous

Postby Angel » Mon Feb 26, 2001 9:52 am

Have the sugery , you are young and there is a lot to hear. Dont miss out on the brids sining and the laughter . You need to hear . Please do it for the rest of your life if not for today. My you be blessed with all the worls happness.
Angel

Previous

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate