WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE HELP IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THANKS :-)

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE HELP IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THANKS :-)

Postby RAVIV LERNER » Sat May 26, 2001 12:14 pm

HI MY NAME IS RAVIV, I AM 23 YERAS OLD AND SPEAK IN HEBREW , SPANISH AND ENGLISH.
I ALSO BORN IN ISRAEL, AND MAKE 12 SURGERIES. I HAVE A HUGE AND BIG PROBLEM
WHICH IS I AM VERY THIN, I HAVE 48 KG AND IT'S NEVER GET'S UP MORE THAT IT IS.
IN NOVEMBER I WILL BE 24 YERAS OLD, AND THIS IS MAKES ME SAD BECAUSE IT'S VER WIRD
THAT I MAN THAT IS 24 YERAS OLD IS STILL 48 KG AND HE NEVER GET'S UP WITH THAT.
I WENT FOR ALL THE DR' HERE IN ISRAEL, BUT'S NO BODY CAN HELP ME ABOUT IT.
I MADE ALL THE TESTS TO FIND WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME, BUT ALL THE TESTS WERE O.K
I MADE TESTS OF BONS, AND ALL THE TEST'S THAT I NEED TO DO.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS SITSUATION ? HOW CAN I BE MORE THAN 48 KG ? AND PERHAPS
SOMETHING RELLAY HAPEEND TO ME WHEN I BORN WITH MY CLEFT LIP AND PALETE (WITH ONE SIDE)?
I HOPE THAT SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME , BECAUSE I WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO GET MORE THAN 48KG
EVEN IF I NEED TO GO OTHER COUNTRY JUST LIKE USA TO CHECK BY THE GREASTEST DR' FOR TESTING
ME.
RAVIV LERNER

Re: WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE HELP IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THANKS :-

Postby Calvero » Sat May 26, 2001 7:48 pm

I think 48kg is about 105 pounds. When I would be recovering from my surgery, my doctor would have me drink protein drinks to get my weight up.

Here's a page that might help give you ideas:

<a href="http://www.eatright.org/nfs/nfs10.html">http://www.eatright.org/nfs/nfs10.html</a>

Also visit your local health food store. Best to talk to your doctor and ask for suggestions. Make sure you find healthy ways to add pounds rather than eating junk food.

Good luck! :)

Kim,
The Cleft Club
<a href="http://cleftclub.cjb.net">http://cleftclub.cjb.net</a>
Calvero

Postby RAVIV LERNER » Wed May 30, 2001 1:30 am

hi, i already had been in all the dr'
here in israel, but's nobody don't know
what is the main problem, and they don't
have any suggestions.
RAVIV LERNER

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jun 01, 2001 9:12 am

My son is 4 now, born with a cleft lip/palate. He is so skinny but I don't worry because my husband and I are very thin as well. I have been so skinny that I have tried to gain weight many time. I tried to eat a lot but I would gain nothing. As stupid as it sounds, I have been drinking ENSURE Plus drink everyday. I drink one in the morning every morning Monday - Friday and I can tell I am gaining weight. I don't know if you can find this drink but they sellit at grocery stores. And it tastes great, especially chocolate flavor. I am now gaining weight. Maybe you could try if possible.
Anonymous

Re: I TRIED ENSURE BUT IT'S DON'T HELP

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jun 02, 2001 2:18 pm

HI I TRIED ENSURE IN MY COUNTRY EVERY DAY ALMOST
2 ENSURE ON EVERY DAY BUT'S IT'S DOESN'T HELP
IT LOOK LIKE A HUGE PROBLEM IN ENDOCRINIC AND
GENETIC (DNA AND SO ON) I KNOW THAT I HAVE THE
PROBLEM OF THAT WHEN I EAT MY BODY RESPONSE IN
THE MOST FASTEST WAY SO THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM
I NEED A NEW SOLOUTION THAT MITE BE AS SURGERY
OR SOMETHING THAT CAN HELP
Anonymous

Postby Amy Bailey » Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:21 pm

Try Kindercal it will help you gain wieght my son has gained 10 lbs in 2 months it really works you need at least 5 cans a day
abailey@paulding-net.com
Amy Bailey

need to gain weight

Postby Linda S S » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 am

I realize that this is an old post and that you may not have visited this site in a long time. What's your diet like? Have you tried digestive enzymes? Do you have any mercury amalgam dental fillings? The mercury can interfere with the body's natural enzymes and cause you to be unable to properly use the nutrients in the foods you eat. Have you been tested for celiac disease or experimented with removing gluten (in wheat, oats, rye, barley, spelt, triticale) from your diet? I was very thin from mercury poisoning (82 lbs when I normally weigh 115) digestive enzymes, lots of avocados (healthy easily digestible fat), and having my mercury fillings safely removed using proper protocol helped. I also went on gluten-free diet though I was never tested for celiac disease. Zinc supplementation may also be helpful. I read, write and speak Spanish, so if you happen to read this and prefer to communicate in Spanish that's fine.
Linda S S
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate