New mom with baby with Cleft Palate just wants someone to ta

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

New mom with baby with Cleft Palate just wants someone to ta

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 01, 2001 10:54 am

Hi, I just had a little girl a month ago and she was born with a cleft palate. I didn't even know there was such a thing until she was born and although everyone has been very good about answering my questions, I would still like to chat with someone in the same situation. I tried to breatsfeed and she couldn't do it. She could latch on but she couldn't suck. Her first surgery is set for April 23rd and her second when she is 18 months. I really would like to chat with, so if you would like to also email me at Rachel4113@aol.com.
Thankyou
Rachel

Re: New mom with baby with Cleft Palate just wants someone t

Postby deleon@spectranet.ca » Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:14 pm

Hi Rachel,
I have a daughter who was born October 99, with cleft lip and palate. I too attempted to breast feed but she could not suck. I pumped and used a soft squeeze cleft nurser with an orthodontic nipple, and pumped to give her breast milk. Her first surgery was at 3mos, and her palate repair is scheduled for Feb. 26. Email me back if you would like to chat more about the different things that you can expect this year. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Hope to hear from you, Sarah.
deleon@spectranet.ca

Re: New mom with baby with Cleft Palate just wants someone t

Postby Renee (tennesseevols85@ho » Wed Jul 11, 2001 12:38 pm

Rachel-

My 5 yr old daughter was born with a cleft lip and palate. I have been looking for support groups in my town but to no avail. I would love to hear from you about your experiences. please email me at the above address.. Renee
tennesseevols85@hotmail.com
Renee (tennesseevols85@ho

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate