ear goo

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

ear goo

Postby kristie » Tue Mar 14, 2000 2:11 pm

my son got ear tubes at 3 months. ever since he hav blowing goo out his ears. docter says it happens with most of his cases.Is this an issue for any of you? any tips?
kristie

Re: ear goo

Postby Melanie - mom of Savanna » Mon Mar 20, 2000 7:33 am

Hi!

My daughter got ear tubes at the same time she had cleft palate repair 3 wks ago today. The only difference i've noticed is more wax coming out, which should be a good thing. The tubes allow draining of all that junk that was behind the ear drum before causing all the problems. This junk can cause hearing loss too, which i'm sure you're already aware of. I would imagine its normal goo, even if its bloody. My surgeon told us ears bleed frequently, you just dont see it because its behind the ear drum.

I welcome any comments or questions!

God Bless

Melanie - gopredators@excite.com
Melanie - mom of Savanna

Re: ear goo

Postby Anonymous » Sat Apr 22, 2000 6:38 am

hi- my son has the ear goo, and our ent says it's not good...we go once a week to have it sucked out to keep the tubes clear. plus, he is constantly on an antibiotic. so, i'm not sure about it being ok like the other reply said. we were told it's best to keep them clear, for the safety of the ear drum and the ear tube. hope this helps- i know my son is a lot happier when his tubes aren't draining.
Anonymous

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate