New born - in search of great Dr. in SC or NC

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

New born - in search of great Dr. in SC or NC

Postby Terry Jones  email&n » Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:56 pm

Help!! 1 week old granddaughter is in need of early cleft lip and palate repair. My daughter is all to pieces. A nurse at the hospital recommended Dr's at the King's Daughter's Hosp. in Norfolk, Va. We live in SC. Do you know of any excellent physicians in SC or NC that would follow the same type of procedures (early intervention) that is closer. If not should we just set our sail toward Norfolk, VA.? Please advise!! We want the best for our baby. email threenone@chestertel.com Thank you!!!!
Terry Jones  email&n

Re: New born - in search of great Dr. in SC or NC

Postby Calvero » Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:41 am

I don't know of any, but you can call Cleftline at 1-800-24-CLEFT. They are really helpful and should be able to help point you in the right direction :).

Kim,
The Cleft Club,
<a href="http://cleftclub.com">http://cleftclub.com</a>
Calvero

Postby Jeff Alterman » Sun Apr 07, 2002 3:57 pm

Calvero:

I suggested to those people to contact the Cleftline webaite in an E-mail that I sent to them last night. I think that Cleftline is very helpful and I would reccomend them to anyone who needs to deal with a cleft. Jeff Alterman at alterman@bestweb.net
Jeff Alterman
Support Member
Support Member

Postby Anonymous » Mon Apr 08, 2002 5:00 pm

Terry,
I am emailing you on your home email, please let me know if you don't get the message. My son (now 14 months) has been under the care of the UNC-Chapel Hill cleft palate team since he was 6 days old. They are located in Chapel Hill, NC and are a Godsend.
Feel free to email me as well-
Susan Thomas
Anonymous

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate