Tennessee

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Tennessee

Postby Jennifer » Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:40 pm

Hi! My usband and I have just accepted the referral of a little boy from Korea and though he won't be home 'til May, I need to find a team of doctors now. Any one out there have any recommendations for me?
Jennifer

Re: Tennessee

Postby Calvero » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:26 pm

Since no ones has replied yet, I'll try to help :). I don't live in the area but you can try to call Cleftline at 1-800-24-CLEFT and see if they can suggest a team.

Kim,
The Cleft Club,
<a href="http://cleftclub.2ya.com">http://cleftclub.2ya.com</a>
Calvero

Postby Tina Smith in Alabama » Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:10 am

I'm not sure which part of Tennessee you are from, but I live in the northwest corner (2 miles from the Tenn. state line) in Limestone County Alabama. When my son, Jake was born 5 years ago with cleft lip and palate, our pediatrician sent us to Children's Hospital in Birmingham and we've been thoroughly satisfied. Dr. Paul Gardner and Dr. Grant are the pediatric plastic surgeons on the cleft team and we couldn't recommend them more highly. It is 2 hours from here but well worth it....Hope this helps...
Tina mother of Cayla 11, Ceara 10, Josh 7, and Jake (repaired cleft lip and palate) who is 5.
Tina Smith in Alabama

Postby Jpatthecross@aol.com » Fri Feb 15, 2002 8:30 am

Hi, my son is 6 months old and was born with a complete cleft lip and palate. He was flown to Johnson City,Tn. after he was born and the dr.'s there told us that there was a plastic surgeon in that area that had done cleft repairs but also that there was a whole cleft team in Lexington,Ky., that's where we take our son. I believe there is one also in Chatanooga,Tn. Our son's dr. is Dr. Vasconez, He comes highly recommended. Or son is preparing for his lip surgery in a couple of weeks. I hope this helps.
Jpatthecross@aol.com

Postby ahamlin@icx.net » Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:36 am

Hi,
My grandson was born Nov 5 in Knoxville, Tennessee. He is beautiful, but has bilateral cleft lip and palate. The doctors here have referred him to Dr. Steven Smith who is here in Knoxville. Has anyone else out there had experience with him or know of him?
Thanks,
Anne Hamlin
ahamlin@icx.net

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate