A father needing

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

A father needing

Postby Andrew S. Fulkerson » Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:15 am

My son, Evan, was just born on August 13, 2001. To mine and my wifes surprise he has a Cleft Palate and Pierre Robin Syndrome. The Cleft Palate I have heard of, but the Pierre Robin is all new to me.

After birth Evan was transported to Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital in Cleveland for 1 week. He was then discharged. After a week at home he wouldn't eat for my wife and I. So he was re-admitted to RBCH.

My wife and I had no idea of any of this. We were expecting a healthy baby boy, a two day stay at our local hospital and then go home and introduce Evan to our 14 month old. I need any and all information that people are willing to give me. If you think it will help send it to

andrew.fulkerson@MBT.com

I know I'll get through this but the last three weeks have been more than expected.
Andrew S. Fulkerson

Re: A father needing

Postby RPRTRANSPORT@AOL.COM » Fri Oct 19, 2001 5:23 am

HI I AM NOT SURE HOW THINGS ARE GOING NOW BUT I CAN SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH YOU AND YOUR WIFE. ON AUG. 7TH 2001 I HAD A BABY GIRL WITH CLEFT PALLET AND PIERRE ROBIN. I WAS PROBABLY AS SHOCKED AS YOU WERE. MY DAUGHTER WAS RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL WHEN SHE WAS 5 DAYS OLD ONLY TO RETURN BY AMBULANCE TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL BECAUSE HER TONGUE WAS OBSTRUCTING HER AIRWAY.AT 7 DAYS OLD SHE HAD SURGERY {TONGUE LIP ADHESION
RPRTRANSPORT@AOL.COM

Postby Anonymous » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:49 pm

My granddaughter was born with PRS is was born 8/16/02 she has a feeding tube also but nothing else was done so far she'll see a list of doctors in the next couple of wks. What should we expect?? How's her hearing and speech is it effected with this problem??
Thanks for sharing!!
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:51 pm

My granddaughter was born with PRS is was born 8/16/02 she has a feeding tube also but nothing else was done so far she'll see a list of doctors in the next couple of wks. What should we expect?? How's her hearing and speech is it effected with this problem??
Thanks for sharing!!
Anonymous

Postby eugeniecw@cs.com » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:52 pm

Thanks for sharing!!
eugeniecw@cs.com

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate