I'm due in June, looking for info, contacts and Dr. recommen

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

I'm due in June, looking for info, contacts and Dr. recommen

Postby cwaustin@earthlink.net » Tue May 29, 2001 2:47 pm

I am a new mom to be, due in mid June and recently found out that our baby boy will have a cleft lip and possibly palate. I have found a doctor that is wonderful and has come highly recommended, but want to make sure I do all of my homework and get as much info as I can prior to my babies birth. Many of you talk about very early surgeries, where my doctor is talking about waiting until 10 weeks for the lip surgery and 10 months for the palate. I want to do what is best for the baby. Does anyone know of any parents or doctors I could consult in the San Jose or Bay area?

Thanks you for any info. you may have. Rhonda Austin
cwaustin@earthlink.net

Re: I'm due in June, looking for info, contacts and Dr. reco

Postby acrossdeemiles@yahoo.com » Thu May 31, 2001 9:17 am

Hi Rhonda,
I don't live in your area so I can't recommend a doctor but the information that you were given sounds consistent. That was about the same times I had my first two operations. You are very strong for trying to find out whatever you can. I commend you on preparing yourself for the arrival of your special baby. I wish you all the best with the delivery and with your new little life! If I can be of any help please let me know.

Dawn
acrossdeemiles@yahoo.com

Re: I'm due in June, looking for info, contacts and Dr. reco

Postby RobinSuraci » Fri Aug 03, 2001 2:19 pm

My daughter was born with a unilateral cleft lip in 1995. She was seen by hte craniofacial team in Loma Linda California in southern california. Her DR's name was Steven Herber. He is now up near the bay area.I believe in Santa Rosa.He did a remarkable job with my daughter. Best of wishes to you and your family.
RobinSuraci

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate