I have an 8 wk old with a cleft lip and palate............

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

I have an 8 wk old with a cleft lip and palate............

Postby sklug@rcvideo.com » Wed Mar 14, 2001 10:43 pm

We had our first appointment today with the plastic surgeon we thought was going to do our son, Zachary's, lip repair and to find out that he's just starting to do cleft lip repair. The other surgeon that was there has left. Now we have to find someone else because I'm not comfortable with him. I haven't made any other appointments elsewhere because I thought we were going there, now his surgery will be put off longer because of me. I told my husband that when we get to the right doctor then I will know. I'm just afraid that maybe I'm just scared. He's so precious and beautiful now, I'm so afraid that someone is going to mess him up. But I know it has to be done, I just want the best. I'm in a little town in West Virginia and we're gonna have to travel no matter where we decide. Has anyone gone to Pittsburgh or Columbus that could give me their opinion?
sklug@rcvideo.com

Re: I have an 8 wk old with a cleft lip and palate..........

Postby ldarnell92@hotmail.com » Sun Mar 18, 2001 12:57 pm

hello i am also from west virginia,,peterstown to be exact. we drive to norfolk va. for our daughters surgeries to dr.magee and dr denk they are the absolute best in my eyes.. and the best thing about them is that they will do the surgeries and make you feel good about them. my daughter had her first at 3 weeks old and her second in sept which then she was about 1 and half if i can help you in any way feel free to email me ok,,look at some info on dr magee under operation smiles!!!!he ia a great doctor good luck
ldarnell92@hotmail.com

Re: I have an 8 wk old with a cleft lip and palate..........

Postby Ladybugs4us2@hotmail.com » Sun Mar 18, 2001 4:04 pm

I also have a five year old daughter born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate. We see Dr. Magee at the Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Magee performed her first surgery to correct the lip at four days old. From day one, Dr. Magee has been wonderful! I am always comfortable with him and his staff and thank God everyday that we found him.
Ladybugs4us2@hotmail.com

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate