Linda Fr

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Linda Fr

Postby muscle function debacle » Thu Jan 17, 2002 5:29 pm

My daughter had a moderate cleft repaired at age 3 months. The muscles around the repair did not fuse and she needed another operation to correct them. She had this at age 9 by the same doctor and suffered a fisutla and constant infection. Finally after a year the problems cleared up but I am very unhappy with the results of the muscle repair. She still has a bump on one side that looks like she's holding a small "pea" or something under her lip. It looked better before the last repair. I have showed it to two plastic surgeons who feel it and say "so?" I could literally scream. I know it's not right and I need a good dr that understands the motion and repair of muscle. My daughter just turned 12 and will go into Jr high next year. I don't want to keep hacking at her lip with undesireable results. She's been through a lot....it's not unsightly but noticeable. Can anyone offer help or advice?
muscle function debacle

Re: Linda Fr

Postby concerned » Sun Jan 27, 2002 6:14 pm

Linda,
I understand your frustration. I see lots of kids who doctors think everything looks good, but you and I know as parents we want things to look PERFECT. Feel free to email me your home phone or personal email and I wii give you some names of people who can help. Contact me at rsrosenblum@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon.
concerned

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate