Haberman Feeder

Children and adults with cleft lip and/or palate issues

Moderator: Moderators

Haberman Feeder

Postby Rabidkiwi » Mon Feb 21, 2000 11:58 am

I was wondering what brand of 8oz bottles with the teat and valve of the Haberman fit on? The feeders I have only go to 80ml and I have two that go to 150ml. My son is eating between 120 and 150 right now, and the bottles just don't hold enough anymore so I am wondering, is there a bigger bottle that can be attached to the feeder?
Rabidkiwi

Re: Haberman Feeder

Postby Melanie » Mon Feb 21, 2000 6:44 pm

Hi!
My daughter, Savanna, used the Haberman for several months. I used the nipple on Evenflo and Johnsons bottles. They will also fit on a regular baby juice bottle. However, I suggest you try a nipple made by Evenflo - its called sensitive response. They make 3 different ones for different ages. I automatically picked the #3 because it said heavy flow. It requires very little sucking to get the milk out. She took right to it and we've used them ever since. You can find them at Walmart.

Its nice to be able to use a "normal" nipple. Now we dont stand out.

Hope this helps.

Melanie - mom of Savanna
Melanie

Postby kristaclinton@hotmail.com » Tue Feb 22, 2000 4:14 am

The nipples fit on most standard bottles. YOu may also want to try the pigeon bottle which works really well. It's a normal looking nipple that has a flow valve that just pushes inside the nipple. ONe side is soft for weak suckers and the side that goes against the palate is hard. You can buy them at 1-800-766-8443. Ask for the cleft palate nipple with the flow valve and they will fit on any bottle. They are $3 per nipple instead of that expensive haberman.

Hope I helped,
Krista Clinton
kristaclinton@hotmail.com

Postby Shelly » Wed Feb 23, 2000 6:13 am

I used an ordinary fast flow bottle teat 'Boots' own brand for my son Jack, all I did was sterilise a needle, I then poked 5 extra holes around the central one, he took to it like a duck to water and it certainly saved me a lot of cash and it also enabled him to learn to suck a little rather than have food just flow into his mouth.

I hope this helps someone, as if you are in the same situation as I was then it can be quite an expensive job trying to give the best.
Shelly

Postby Lisa Ferris Stokes & » Tue Mar 07, 2000 12:49 pm

Everyone should know that your insurance will probably cover
the cost of the Haberman or any of the others you
need when you get a prescription from your Dr. We
were buying ours for several months before someone
finally mentioned this fact to us.
We also found that the Haberman nipple fits best on
the Evenflo bottles with little/or mostly no dripping.
Lisa Ferris Stokes &

Postby Cheryl Wasker » Wed May 11, 2005 7:51 am

They will fit the older style of the gerber baby bottles
Cheryl Wasker

Postby Cheryl Wasker » Wed May 11, 2005 7:55 am

Cheryl Wasker

Postby Cheryl Wasker » Wed May 11, 2005 7:58 am