JOURNALS OR ENCYCLOPEDIAS I MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND IT UNDER . ALSO
,I PERSONALLY FEEL IT SHOULD TO ADDED TO THE MAINSTREAM HEALTH
ORGINIZATIONS, I FEEL IT SHOULD BE MORE ACCESSIBLE AND LESS HUSH
,HUSH !

SINCERELY YOURS, MRS. JEANNIE L.BAKER
JEANNIE L. BAKER

Re: history of crouzon syndrome

Postby Erika Garcia » Wed Nov 17, 1999 1:07 pm

I am a student at California State University, Stanislaus. I am researching the genetic disease Crouzon syndrome. I have found many facts about the disease itself, however I have been unable to locate any imformation about the history of the disease. I am especially interested in background imformation about Octave Crouzon, the French neurologist who first spoke of the disease.
Erika Garcia

Postby Judi L. Prince » Fri Mar 09, 2001 2:08 pm

To whom it may Concern: I am a 32 yr. old woman born with Crouzon Syndrome. I also have a 9 yr. daughter with this condition. I would like to know why so many doctors are unaware of this condition? I have been misdiagnosed, assuming, that I have a thyroid disorder due to the buldging of my eyes....It's very frustrating having to educated physicians about my condition. Crouzons', as well as all other cranio-facial deformities, should be taught and explored more intently during their medical education...there are more of us out there than many people would like to think!!!
Judi L. Prince

Postby Pamela Baker » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:21 am

I was born on June 25th, 1966 with Crouzon Syndrome and had 12 surgeries. I am trying to find some info. on how to deal with pyschological issues of being teased growing up thinking that I am a "freak" still.
Pamela Baker

Postby Chris Hood » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:40 am

Hi, I'm a 21 year old with Crouzons. I've had four major surgeries. I wish there was more information on this syndrome. I'm writing a college paper on it for my college Biology class and I just keep reading the same information over and over again. I also don't like how well-known heath websites label the physical appearance as "beak-nosed" and "frog faced". It's like someone is teasing me and it seems offensive to me. It seems like all the sites focus on the negative. This comes at a time when the Crouzon's support site is under construction.

I don't let things get me down. I know I've been through so much more than a lot of people who don't have the illness and that, what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger. I've learned to have a good attitude and through that, and since then, nobody has bothered me or teased me about it. I hope you all learn to have a good attitude as well. It does help.
Chris Hood

Return to Cleft Lip and Palate